Thursday, November 15, 2012

tion cian sion quiz


Does this deer see some motion in the woods?

Letter blocks tion, cian, sion all say the shun sound you hear in fashion.   It is best to learn to see it / say it. 

Tion, cian, sion are in the category of complex vowel teams that need to be memorized. They do not break up into parts that can be sounded out.


Try these words. Tell each other sentences using the words.


motion                beautician        mission

commotion         electrician        invasion

Spell for me the letter block that said the shun sound in motion and commotion.________

Spell for me the letter block that said the shun sound in beautician and electrician. ________

Spell for me the letter block that said the shun sound in mission and invasion. ___________

Look carefully at each word. If it has the shun sound, tell me yes. If it does not say the shun sound, tell me no.  Answers at the very bottom.

1. question        yes    or   no

2. attention        yes    or   no

3. fascination    yes   or   no

4. mountain       yes   or   no

5. subtraction    yes   or   no

6. vegetarian    yes   or   no


You may like to look at the other lessons listed on the right side of this page. Also, use my blog's search box - top left corner - to find lessons you need.

If you want a book, I now use eBay as my website. Search Instant Reading Help. All my books will pop up for you. They teach a special comprehension method which will change the way your child looks at reading. Full of color pictures, story-reading, skills exercises, etc. None have a grade level printed on the book. All come with my info so you can call me.

Answers: 1. yes, 2. yes, 3. yes, 4. no, 5. yes, 6. no
A mountain is a very tall hill. 
A vegetarian is someone who would rather eat vegetables than meat, say, vaj a tar e an

Write with questions. Have a great day, Mary Maisner

No comments:

Post a Comment