Thursday, January 18, 2024

Should my child repeat 2nd Grade?

Such a tough question; no parent wants to hear it. One out of three struggling readers has college graduate parents. Whether or not you decide to have your child repeat, start today: use my search box - top left corner - put in backward b and download it. 

Then put into my search box working memory.  Put in how the brain learns to read.

All children getting a slow start are ambushed by exactly the same lessons. Your child is beyond the grade level at which these lessons are taught. 

You are going to need to help your child or hire a personal tutor to teach my book. (One-on-one tutoring, not group tutoring. You have been warned by your school, please realize you want to turn this situation around for your child and yourself. You want to help your child be in control of skilled reading by this time next year.)

Reading tipQuit stopping to sound out. Stopping breaks the short-term memory, causing all gathered meaning to drop away. Everyone's brain works this same way. Tell your child the unknown word and encourage your child to keep reading. This is will reap much better results.

Fifteen minutes a day will be enough time for a good lesson.   I use ebay as my website. Search Instant Reading Help all my books will pop up for you. All my books come with my contact info, email or call for help.

Best wishes, Mary Maisner

No comments:

Post a Comment